First Team
Isthmian League Premier Division Sat 25 November Alcaline Stadium
Folkestone Invicta
Bognor Regis Town
  • Mather (7')

Invicta’s new first team manager saw his side fall to defeat in a tight game settled by an single error in the first 7 minutes.

After being announced as the permanent 1st team manager 2 hours before kick off, Drury picked himself in an XI that saw 2 changes of personnel and a change of system from the defeat a Dulwich Hamlet a week earlier.

With Callum Davies suspended, having failed in his appeal against his sending off against Dulwich, captain Ian Gayle returned to the defence alongside Jake Goodman, Kane Penn and Toby Byron.

The manager lined up in a 4-man midfield alongside Ade Cole, Scott Heard and Chris Regis with David Smith and Luke Holness in attack.

Having changed ends at the coin toss, Bognor kicked off attacking the Remland Stand and supporters of both sides had not long managed to make their way around the ground before the afternoon’s deciding moment.

A cross from the right in the 7th minute found its way to Jasper Mather at the back post who got off a shot from a tight angle that squirmed under goalkeeper Joe Coleman and crept over the goal-line.

The remainder of the first half passed by with neither side able to test the opposing keeper, Ryan Hall collecting a low cross at the near post and Coleman catching a free kick that struck the top of the wall.

Ira Jackson replaced Chris Regis at half time and Invicta came out for the second half flying, a cross from the right in the 47th minute caused panic in the Bognor box resulting in Scott Heard forcing a good save from Hall before a minute later Smith cut back to Drury on the edge of the box who then played in Toby Byron in space but the left back could only hit the top of the crossbar.

Just after the hour mark forward Luke Holness went down with an injury which saw him replaced by Will Moses. It took just a minute for the youngster to mark his first mark on the match, picking up a booking for a challenge in front of the Bognor dugout as the visitors broke.

The manager then picked up a knock himself, receiving some attention to his wrist with 20 minutes to go. Kane Penn was the next to keep the physio busy as he was forced to hobble to the sidelines minutes later.

Invicta pressed but neither keeper was tested again in the closing stages, the early goal proving decisive as the visitors took the 3 points back along the coast.

Defender Toby Byron was selected  as Man of the Match and was presented with his award by our PA team of Adrian Dawkes and Charlie Prescott