First Team
Isthmian League Premier Division Tue 14 November Alcaline Stadium
Folkestone Invicta
  • Olutade (47')
Haringey Boro
  • Figueira (69')

For the second time this season a lacklustre performance from Invicta saw Haringey Borough leaving the Alcaline Stadium jubilant on their journey back to north London.

Coming out of Saturday’s late victory over Billericay Town, Invicta made just 1 enforced change as Ira Jackson replaced Scott Heard who missed the match through illness. David Smith and Ian Gayle returned to the squad having both been injured.

Invicta showed a bright start, with Ira Jackson flashing the ball across goal inside the opening minute but if anybody thought that would set the tempo for the night they were mistaken.

The main talking point of the first half came on the 40 minute mark as Haringey’s Kasim Aidoo entered the penalty area and hit the floor in the vicinity of Jake Goodman, inciting cries for a penalty that the referee correctly waved away although he declined to take any action against Aidoo.

Invicta made a change at the break with Ibrahim Olutade replacing Chris Regis and it was a change that saw an immediate impact. In the 2nd minute of the second half an Ira Jackson corner was punched by Dillon Barnes in the Haringey goal but only as far as the edge of the area where Ade Cole headed it back towards goal with Olutade on hand to turn the ball past the keeper, with calls for offside falling of deaf ears as Aidoo playing the Invicta substitute onside.

Minutes later another Invicta corner near had a similar end result as Callum Davies rose high to meet it but Luke Holness was unable to get enough power to turn it past the keeper.

The visitors gave Invicta a warning that the game was not over as a free kick from the right fell at the feet of Devter Peter who flicked it no more than an inch over the cross bar.

Invicta were also continuing to cause problems from set pieces with Holness again on the end of one, heading an Andy Drury free kick towards the bottom corner only to see his effort comfortably saved.

Aidoo was again shouting for a penalty halfway through the second half as he battled with Toby Byron, carrying the ball right until he entered the penalty area before hitting the floor. Invicta cleared the ball but never regained their shape and were punished at Matthew Young fed Walter Figueira who sold Jake Goodman before slotting past Joe Coleman to level the score.

Aidoo nearly gave the visitors the lead moments later but Coleman made himself big to save the effort with the outside of his left foot.

It was Invicta next to ask questions of the officials as Olutade controlled a ball in behind and as he looked to go clean through on goal was hauled down by Jorge Djassi-Sambu. The linesman immediately threw up his flag and the supporters chanted for a dismissal and the Haringey number 8 must have been mightily relieved to see a yellow card come out of the referees pocket. The free kick was fired over the cross bar.

Invicta sent on David Smith in search of a goal to wrap up a second home win in 4 days but that goal never really looked like coming and the points would be shared.

Andy Drury was selected as Invicta’s Man of the Match

Andy Drury presented with his Man of the Match award by Alan Orsbourne