First Team
Isthmian League Premier Division Sat 26 August Len Salmon Stadium
Hashtag Utd
Folkestone Invicta

Invicta failed to find the net for the first time this season as we returned from Essex with a point to kick off the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Invicta lined up with the same back 4 that had started at home to Enfield Town a week earlier, with Kane Penn at left back alongside Freddy Barton, Ian Gayle & Callum Davies. Andy Drury returned from injury to join Ade Cole in midfield Jordon Ababio, David Smith, Ira Jackson Jr & Andre Coker all remained in attack.

Hashtag United sprung a not unexpected surprise as former Invicta keeper Alexis Andre Jr remained in goal for The Tags having originally only come in for 1 game the previous week due to injury to their first choice ‘keeper.

Invicta dealt with a number of set pieces in the first half with ‘keeper Joe Coleman commanding his area well from a series of corners from the hosts while Invicta’s goalmouth action came late in the half, with Andre Coker creating 2 shooting opportunities for himself but failing to hit the target while David Smith saw an effort in stoppage time deflected wide of the near post.

Invicta suffered a set back late in the 1st half with defender Ian Gayle, suffering with a slight niggle that would see him miss Monday’s clash with Margate, replaced by Will Moses.

The hosts will feel they should have won the game in the second half with Coleman the busier of the two keepers. Invicta’s big number 1 was first called into real action within 10 minutes of the restart as a quick throw caught Invicta out, only for Joe to make himself big and almost sit on the ball as he smothered the chance.

Joe was forced into a similar save in the dying minutes of the match, this time using his long left leg to deny the hosts a winner.

The best chance Invicta created to break the deadlock came with just under 20 minutes to go as David Smith worked well with Jackson before firing an effort from roughly 12 yards out but straight into the arms of Andre.

But despite much huffing and puffing from both sides neither could find a breakthrough and the teams would settle for a point a piece to kick off the Bank Holiday weekend. A point gained for Invicta in the eyes of Micheal Everitt who spoke to Invicta TV after the match.