Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

BetVictorIsthmian Premier Division

Sat 22nd Feb 2020

Kick off - 15:00

0 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta


Tue 25th Feb 2020

Kick off - 19:45

Latest Scores

0 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

BetVictorIsthmian Premier Division

Sat 15th Feb 2020

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
3 vs 1

Tonbridge Angels


Tue 11th Feb 2020

Full time

Total raised from supporters

  • £48,500
  • £49,000
  • £49,500
  • £50,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR

Invicta March Through To The Next Round

Invicta avoided a potential ‘banana skin’ to register a fairly straightforward victory against Whitstable Town to go through to the Second Qualifying Round of this season’s Emirates F.A. Cup. Apart from a slight breeze, conditions were almost perfect on the usual excellent Belmont Ground pitch.

With both Josh Vincent and Finn O’Mara unfit, Alfie Paxman switched to right back to allow Nat Blanks to come in on the left. Tim Roberts returned in goal after missing last week’s win at Horsham and former Youth Team player Kieran Jones was on the bench.


Despite ‘The Oystermen’ kicking off, Invicta got an early corner which Scott Heard took and although Callum Davies couldn’t quite connect, Ira Jackson retrieved the ball, but his cross saw Jerson Dos Santos deflect the ball just wide. Then from a Paxman throw-in, Jackson again received the ball and this time his shot curled wide of the far post. John Walker’s mis-hit clearance was picked up by Micheal Everitt who laid the ball on to Kieron McCann who in turn rolled it to Sam Hasler whose cross-shot appeared to catch out the Whitstable Town goalkeeper Dan Eason but the ball sailed over the bar. The pressure continued as Jackson saw his shot easily saved by Eason and then Dos Santos appeared to have been fouled on the edge of the area but the Referee waved play on.

The first attacking sign from our opponents came after eight minutes when they won a corner, but it was easily collected by Roberts. Davies was then adjudged to have fouled Tijan Jadama on the edge of the area that saw the forward have to leave the field and although he came back on he had to be replaced a couple of minutes later by Liam Gillies. Meanwhile, the free kick taken by Aaron Millbank was again easily collected lowdown at the near post by Roberts, who quickly released the ball to Heard, but his pass was slighty heavy and Jackson’s cross went out of play as he stretched to keep it in. Whitstable were getting into the game more and full-back Jake MacKenzie got in a good cross which Matt Newman cleared but only as far as Gillies whose cross was charged down for a corner. From the corner, Roberts misjudged the cross and Tom Bryant nodded the ball wide.

Despite our opponents having more of the game, Invicta still made a number of half chances until in the 25th minute Jackson broke the deadlock. Heard slipped the ball through to Jackson who cut in from the right, beating two defenders before hitting an unstoppable shot in off Eason’s far post. McCann, who was proving to be a good outlet all afternoon, got the ball out wide but his cross just cleared the bar and then he did well to get the ball down and pass to Jackson, who was fouled by Connor Saunders on the edge of the area. This appeared to be the perfect set-up for one of Jackson’s ‘specials’ and although the ball cleared the wall, Eason was well-positioned to make a relatively simple catch on his goal-line.

McCann was again involved as he played a smart one-two with Dos Santos and saw his shot tipped over the bar. This was to be Dos Santos last involvement as soon after he was replaced by Johan Ter Horst in the last minute of the first half. There was just time for one moment of alarm for Invicta as the ball bounced up onto Newman in the penalty area and there were strong appeals from the spectators behind the goal for a penalty, although there won’t too many from the Whitstable players. So, Invicta went into the break with a goal advantage which was probably just about right.

Whitstable then had a nightmare ten minutes after the break as firstly they lost their influential skipper Bryant to injury and then conceded two goals. On 53 minutes, a free kick wasn’t completely cleared and Newman floated the ball back into the area for Jackson to finish with the minimum of fuss and a minute later it was 3-0 as McCann played the ball to Heard, whose defence-splitting pass was met by Ter Horst and he slotted the ball past the advancing goalkeeper. As a contest the game was as good as over, although the home side made their third substitution by bringing on Tarik Ibrahim, who had scored for ‘The Oysterman’ in the Sid Burvill Trophy game during pre-season. Newman went close when he volleyed a cross onto the bar and then Jackson blasted the ball over when well placed to complete his hat-trick.

Former Whitstable player Heard, who covered virtually every blade of grass, was then replaced by Ronnie Dolan to give the compatetive midfielder some vital minutes on the pitch as he continues his return to match fitness. With his first touch, Dolan almost created a goal as he played a subtle pass through to Ter Horst but his shot was charged down by Marcus Evans, who was probably the pick of the Whitstable players. Dolan then almost found himself on the scorsheet as Jackson and Ter Horst combined to put him through and he hammered the ball home, only to be foiled by the Assistant Referee’s flag.

Invicta finally made it 4-0 in the 81st minute as Blanks and McCann combined to get the ball back to Hasler, who let fly from the edge of the area to wrap up a convincing win. There was then just time for Henry Newcombe to replace Tim Roberts in the Invicta goal.

With the Step 3 club with the most points earned so far this season, we went into this round as the top ranked club, however, this will be different in the Second Qualifying Round draw as the Vanarama National League North and South Divisions enter into the draw which will be made on Monday.

Today’s Teams;

Whitstable Town; Dan Eason, Jake MacKenzie, John Walker, Liam Dickson, Marcus Evans, Tom Bryant   (Captain) (Alex Anderson, 50 mins), James Bryant, Connor Saunders, Aaron Millbank, Marcus Elliott (Tarik Ibrahim, 58 mins) & Tijan Jadama (Liam Gillis, 14 mins), (Unused Subs; Josh Spencer, Luke Girt & Muhammed Cham).

Folkestone Invicta; Tim Roberts (Henry Newcombe, 84 mins), Alfie Paxman, Nat Blanks, Matt Newman, Callum Davies (Captain), Sam Hasler, Scott Heard (Ronnie Dolan, 68 mins), Micheal Everitt, Ira Jackson, Jerson Dos Santos (Johan Ter Horst, 45 mins) & Kieron McCann, (Unused Sub; Kieran Jones).

Goalscorers - Ira Jackson (25 & 53 mins), Johan Ter Horst (54 mins) & Sam Hasler (81 mins).

Richard’s more detailed report will appear in the Match Centre soon.

Many thanks to all our supporters who travelled to the game this afternoon, we had excellent representation in the attendance of 503.  Some of the young Invicta fans at Whitstable today.

Saturday’s Results

Due to the number of results involved, the full details of all the Premier Division and other BetVictor Isthmian League sides will appear shortly in a separate article.

Next game

Our next game is next Saturday, 14th September, when Bishop’s Strotford visit the Buildkent Stadium for a BetVictor Isthmian League Premier Division game.