Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Hastings United

Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 16th Aug 2022

Kick off - 19:45

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 20th Aug 2022

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Enfield T.
1 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 13th Aug 2022

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
4 vs 2

Ashford Utd.


Sun 7th Aug 2022

Full time

Invicta Lottery

Click here to support today Licensed Lottery, Folkestone & Hythe District No. 008

Total raised from supporters

  • £20,500
  • £21,000
  • £21,500
  • £22,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Unbeaten record goes as Invicta struggle to make an impact against lively young Rams at Southwood



Folkestone Invicta’s unbeaten start to the season came to a sad end as they were beaten 2-0 away to Ramsgate at Southwood on Saturday afternoon.

It was a disappointing afternoon for Neil Cugley’s side as they lost this fixture for the second successive season on the August Bank Holiday Saturday.

Tom Chapman opened the scoring for the Rams with a 73rd minute header and substitute Ira Jackson increased the home side’s lead in the 88th minute.

Invicta had kept the same starting eleven on a sunny afternoon that had drawn 1-1 at Whyteleafe in midweek.

A weak headed back pass from Nat Blanks let Carl Munday in after eight minutes but Invicta goalkeeper Tim Roberts came out to save.

At the other end, a Darren Smith ball down the left hand side found Ian Draycott whose shot was saved past the post by home goalkeeper Nick Shaw for the game’s first corner.

Ramsgate’s Chapman became the game’s only booking when he threw the ball down after 20 minutes when a goal kick was awarded after he had gone past Josh Vincent and Frankie Chappell down the left.

Half hour mark

Chapman was then given on-side when he was picked out by player-manager Dean Hill on the left hand side as the Invicta defence pushed up but Blanks cleared his 23rd minute ball in to Charlie Walsh.

Vincent cleared from Walsh after a Munday cross from the right on the half hour mark.

Shaw came out to save at the expense of a corner when Vincent played the ball in to Draycott a minute later.

Invicta striker Paul Booth shot at Shaw after walking through three challenges to create a 36th minute opening following a Liam Friend ball.

A 43rd minute Dane Luchford shot was deflected for a corner when Booth cut inside after initially receiving the ball from Luchford himself.

Invicta captain Friend then got back to clear just before half time when Oliver Beard, a recent loan signing from Dover Athletic, played the ball forward to captain James Sherman in a move started by Macauley Murray.

Draycott found Luchford in the 49th minute and the latter’s deep cross from the right was put wide at the far post by Matt Newman.

Ramsgate then made a double substitution as Connor Heffernan and Jackson replaced Sherman and Munday and then had to replace the injured Curtis Robinson with Daniel Isichei, another young recent loan signing from Dover Athletic.

Smith played the ball to Vincent on the right in the 56th minute and the full back’s ball across goal was put wide at the far post by a stretching Luchford.

Ramsgate won their first corner of the game on the hour mark when substitute Jackson played the ball back on the right hand side to Murray whose ball in was headed wide by Heffernan in the middle.

Beard found Chapman on the right three minutes later as Roberts got hands on the subsequent cross to put the ball out for a corner.

Invicta’s first change saw Jon Pilbeam replace Booth.

First Goal

Roberts kicked the ball straight to Chapman who found Heffernan on the right and the latter’s cross was put dangerously close to his own goal by Chappell after home substitutes Isichei and Jackson had combined before the ball went back to the Invicta goalkeeper.

A Beard ball forward found Chapman on the right despite visiting captain Friend getting something on it but Chappell got across to avert the danger at the expense of the corner that led to Ramsgate’s first goal.

The ball came across to CHAPMAN on the left hand side of the penalty area and his looping header came back across goal and into the far corner of the net.

Chappell met a 75th minute Smith corner from the right but his header was headed off the line for another corner.

The ball broke to Pilbeam two minutes later but his shot was blocked by Charlie Dickens.

Invicta went three at the back when striker Connor Coyne replaced Blanks and Michael Yianni soon came on for Newman as both sides used all three substitutes.

Roberts saved in the 83rd minute when Chapman got through down the right hand side.

At the other end, Draycott could not get direction on his header in the middle two minutes later when a Roberts free kick found Luchford on the left.

The ball then threatened to fall to Jackson in the middle but a combination of Chappell and goalkeeper Roberts got the ball to safety.

A Smith free kick was met by Chappell who headed straight at Shaw as Invicta chased an equaliser

Second goal

But Ramsgate made it 2-0 when teenager JACKSON put in the rebound after Roberts had saved from fellow substitute Heffernan when Chapman got clear down the right again in a move also involving Beard and Walsh.

A stoppage time Pilbeam ball across goal came off Draycott and was cleared past the far post for a corner.

But this was to be Ramsgate’s day and Isichei blasted over with the very last kick of the match when he got in behind Vincent.

Invicta had scored in each of their last 14 competitive matches stretching back to a 1-0 defeat at Leatherhead back in March.

RAMSGATE: Shaw, Beard, Dickens, Murray, Ripley, Hill, Robinson (Isichei 59 mins), Walsh, Sherman (Heffernan 52 mins), Munday (Jackson 52 mins), Chapman.  Unused subs: Punton, Kelly.  

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent, Blanks (Coyne 77 mins), Friend, Chappell, Newman (Yianni 80 mins), Luchford, Smith, Draycott, Booth (Pilbeam 67 mins), M Everitt.  Unused subs: Elliott, Edge.

Attendance: 208

Corners: Ramsgate 5 Invicta 10