Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Potters Bar

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 25th Sep 2021

Kick off - 15:00

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0


Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 28th Sep 2021

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Ashford T (Middx)
2 vs 7

Folkestone Invicta


Sat 18th Sep 2021

Full time

East Thurrock Utd
1 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 14th Sep 2021

Full time

Invicta Lottery

Click here to support today Licensed Lottery, Folkestone & Hythe District No. 008

Total raised from supporters

  • £26,500
  • £27,000
  • £27,500
  • £28,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC



 SCORE 0-1      GATE  554

DATE  22/02/20. 

Video of Game click  HERE

 Folkestone Invicta suffered a shock 1-0 defeat at home to old foes Wingate & Finchley at The BuildKent Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Invicta remain in second place in the BetVictor Isthmian League Premier Division but this was not to be the home side’s day and it was Wingate & Finchley – who started the day second from bottom – who took all three points thanks to a 54th minute goal from Jayden Antwi-Nyame.

Tyler Sterlng hit the post and Ira Jackson had a shot cleared from the line but there was to be no way back for Invicta as they failed to score at home for the first time this season and the first time since a 1-0 home defeat against Worthing last March.

The previous Saturday Invicta had reignited their title challenge with a 1-0 win at league leaders Worthing amid Storm Dennis.

The Folkestone side had fielded a makeshift line up at Worthing but defenders Josh Vincent, Callum Davies and Alfie Paxman all came straight back in here, with teeanger Sterling retaining his place in the starting X1 but player-coach Micheal Everitt sitting this one out having filled in at centre half in the previous two fixtures despite recovering from an achilles / ankle injury.

The home side did have the ball in the net in the 16th minute when Scott Heard played the ball up to Jackson on the right hand side whose ball across goal was put in at the far post by the offside Jerson Dos Santos.

It was the visitors who were then frustrated a minute later when they had penalty appeals turned down as Charlie Ruff went down inside the area after Kane Farrell had played the ball up to Great Evans.

Good play from Jackson set up a 20th minute opening for Sterling but the latter shot tamely at goalkeeper and visiting captain Shane Gore who has local connections.

Home goalkeeper Tim Roberts then got across to make a great save a minute later when Luke Ifil got a shot in after a Farrell throw in from the left came back out to him on the edge of the penalty area as the visitors gained their first corner of the game.

Sterling curled a 27th minute shot narrowly wide after he had combined with Johan Ter Horst in a move started by Paxman and Heard.

At the other end, Farrell hit a well-struck 35th minute free kick from distance narrowly wide after Heard had been penalised.

Sterling then played a great ball out to Jackson on the right three minutes later when the striker created space to get a shot in but Gore came out to make a good save and needed treatment as the ball hit him in the face.

A 44th minute ball in from Farrell fell to Evans inside the penalty area when the latter fired over from close range.

Paxman then made a good interception to avert the danger from Antwi-Nyame during first half stoppage time after a move involving Tommy Tejan-Sie, Evans and Richard Platt.

Invicta’s Sterling was involved in most of the home side’s better moments and the youngster is not afraid to have a go and made room for himself and got another shot in before half time but Gore got behind it after a Paxman ball.

The home side created chances at the start of the second half as Heard played the ball out to Jackson on the right but the deadlock remained as the striker got a 48th minute shot in.

Gore then got behind a Sterling shot from the edge of the box two minutes later in a move started by Heard and Paxman.

Jackson then cut in from the right again in the 52nd minute and caused both Gore and a defender problems but all that the home side gained was a corner.

But it was Wingate & Finchley that grabbed the only goal of the game when following a Farrell ball into the box ANTWI-NYAME lifted the ball in from close range after Evans had an initial shot close to goal.

Left back Farrell then came across to the right hand side and cut inside in the 58th minute when his well-struck shot dipped just over.

Invicta went close in the 60th minute when Sterling shot against a post after combining with Paxman again and Ter Horst’s rebound was deflected wide for a corner.

Jackson then hit a 66th minute free kick high and wide after Jackson himself had been folued by Ahmet Rifat after receiving the ball from Heard.

Ter Horst moved into the front line for Invicta when Ian Draycott came on for Dos Santos.

A great ball from Heard reached danger man Jackson on the right in the 71st minute when the Invicta top goalscorer took it on and went round Gore but central defender Jake Eales cleared off the line. It was the big chance that Invicta had been hoping for and you began to sense that an equaliser may not be coming after all.

Invicta’s Paxman was back from an unfortunate extended suspension and could have been in further trouble when he was booked by referee Ian Fissenden after an 82nd minute flare up as the visitors cited the left back thrusting his head into Platt’s chest.

Chris Doyle had plenty to say about that and Invicta substitute Draycott was booked in the 85th minute for an uncharacteristic challenge on the Wingate & Finchley right back.

Jackson curled an 88th minute free kick wide after Ifil had been penalised for a foot up on home captain Davies.

Heard got a stoppage time shot in after receiving the ball from Sterling on the right hand side but Gore held.

It was Heard who then supplied Sterling on the right hand side who initially gave the ball away but then won it back before embarking on a good run and getting another shot in that hit the side netting.

Wingate & Finchley goalkeeper Gore was booked for time wasting but it was the  north London club that was soon celebrating a first win at Cheriton Road.

A happy 78th birhtday for attending Harvey Ackerman, the visitors’ Club President.

Last season’s corresponding fixture was full of late drama as it was 0-0 after 90 minutes and finished 2-2 after Invicta had gone 2-0 up – and all that amid the shenanigans / acrimony of the sent off Rifat refusing to return to the changing rooms.

It was Wingate & Finchley who again had the last laugh here as Invicta were condemned to a second successive home league defeat.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent, Paxman, Newman, Davies, Sterling, Heard, Ter Horst, Jackson, Dos Santos (Draycott 68 mins), McCann.  Unused subs: O’Mara, Blanks, Everitt, Newcombe.

WINGATE & FINCHLEY: Gore, Doyle, Farrell, Rifat, Eales, Platt, Ifil, Tejan-Sie, Evans (Bancroft 72 mins), Ruff (Sayoud 83 mins), Antwi-Nyame (Jellis 66 mins).  Unused subs: Kennedy, Woods-Garness.

Attendance: 554. Corners: Invicta 7 Wingate & Finchley 2