Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Hastings United

Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 16th Aug 2022

Kick off - 19:45

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 20th Aug 2022

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Enfield T.
1 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 13th Aug 2022

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
4 vs 2

Ashford Utd.


Sun 7th Aug 2022

Full time

Invicta Lottery

Click here to support today Licensed Lottery, Folkestone & Hythe District No. 008

Total raised from supporters

  • £20,500
  • £21,000
  • £21,500
  • £22,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC



 SCORE  0-0    Gate 565

DATE  30/11/19.  

Video of Game click  HERE

Folkestone Invicta had to settle for a point away to Lewes on Saturday afternoon as Neil Cugley’s side returned to action after two weeks without a fixture.

Invicta enjoyed the better of the first half but the home side rallied during the second half and the Folkestone side finished the game with ten men as Scott Heard was sent off for a second yellow card during stoppage time.

The point takes Invicta level on points with Horsham at the top of the BetVictor Isthmian League Premier Division but in second place having scored one goal fewer than the Sussex club whom they host this coming weekend (December 7th).

Invicta made one change to the starting X1 that had won 3-1 away to Enfield Town as Josh Vincent returned at right back in place of Finn O’Mara.

The visitors were to dominate the opening exchanges as Ronnie Dolan soon won the ball in midfield and Heard got a low shot in from outside the penalty area but home goalkeeper Nathan Stroomberg-Clarke got behind it for a comfortable save.

Sam Hasler then played the ball out to Kieron McCann in the fifth minute who played it back to Alfie Paxman and the latter went past Dayshonne Golding before playing an inviting ball in from the left hand side that was just too high for Heard in the middle and went out for a throw in on the far side.

Paxman and Heard then combined to find Vincent on the right hand side and Ira Jackson got to the subsequent eighth minute ball in before Alex Malins but the ball went out for a goal kick.

Jackson then found McCann on the left a minute later when Heard’s ball in was headed out by Malins for the game’s first corner.

There was some respite for Lewes when after a 13th minute foul by Heard on James Hammond, the latter’s subsequent free kick came back out to Stefan Ilic who fired well wide with a low shot from just outside the penalty area.

At the other end, Jackson beat a couple of defenders to get into the box on the right hand side and played the ball back to Dolan who placed his shot wide of the target on the quarter of an hour mark in a move started by Dolan and Heard.

Home supporters appealed for a penalty a minute later when Ilic went down under challenge from Matt Newman after Charlie Coppola had played the ball in to the right hand side of the area.

Invicta striker Jerson Dos Santos got a 23r minute shot in that Stroomberg-Clarke pushed over for a corner after a Vincent throw in from the right hand side went over Heard.

The home side wanted a penalty in the 26th minute when Leon Redwood was brought down by Jackson on the left hand side of the box after a move that also involved Golding, Coppola and Tegan Freeman. Hammond hit the subsequent free kick into the visitors’ wall.

Lewes enjoyed their best spell of possession thus far as Ilic shot wide of the near post in the 33rd minute after Hammond played the ball out to the left.

Dolan broke forward for Invicta and got a 34th minute shot in that Stroomberg-Clarke saved but did not hold before the goalkeeper then did well to kept out Dos Santos’ follow up.

Newman then played the ball forward to Heard a minute later and it fell to McCann who had raced across from the left to the right hand side and his ball into the box was flicked wide by Dos Santos.

Hammond played a low 39th minute free kick into Jordy Mongoy inside the Invicta box but Heard got across to put the ball out for the home side’s first corner of the afternoon.  Ilic’s set piece was met by Hammond but Henry Newcombe made a good save at the expense of another corner.  Redwood’s subsequent corner from the right was met by a glancing header wide from Lewes captain and former Invicta stalwart Frankie Chappell.

Chappell had celebrated his 31st birthday on November 20th, the same day that Invicta manager Cugley turned 63.

Invicta’s Jackson became the game’s first booking for a 42nd minute foul on Ilic on the left flank.

Lewes made a double substitution at half time as Kayne Diedrick-Roberts and Peter Gregory came on for Freeman and Mongoy.

The home side showed immediate signs of improvement as Diedrick-Roberts slipped the ball through towards Ilic but it carried to Newcombe.

Tom Day then found Golding on the right hand side in the 47th minute and the ball across goal took a touch off Gregory and was put over at the far post by Ilic.

Dos Santos attempted to play the ball across to McCann in the 49th minute but Day made a good interception.

Stroomberg-Clarke then did well to save when the ball came into the box to Dos Santos in the 52nd minute.

Hasler then received the ball from Jackson and took it on a minute later but was impeded by Hammond who was booked.

But Lewes were enjoying their best spell of the game as the ball was flicked to Golding on the left who cut inside and fired a good 58th minute strike wide of the far post across goal.

Redwood received the ball from Ilic two minutes later but the left back’s run was curtailed by a trip by Heard as the Invicta midfielder received his first yellow card of the game.  Hammond’s free kick was headed wide by Chappell.

Invicta made their only change of the game as Johan Ter Horst came on for Hasler on the hour mark. Ter Horst went out to the left flank as McCann moved into central midfield.

A 65th minute Redwood corner from the right was headed wide by Billy Medlock after Gregory had found fellow home substitute Medlock on the right hand side and the ball went out of play off Paxman.

Invicta had a big chance in the 66th minute when Jackson got in behind Malins after a Paxman ball forward and the striker went round goalkeeper Stroomberg-Clarke but was forced wide on the right hand side of the box and his shot was touched past the post for a corner from close to the line.

Lewes threatened again in the 67th minute when a Redwood corner from the right was met by a Malins shot on the turn and Newcombe made a good save to deny Gregory at the expense of another corner on the left.

Ilc was booked for a 69th minute foul on Dolan and Jackson hit the subsequent free kick over the wall and onto the roof of the net.

Stroomberg-Clarke’s 71st minute clearance fell to Dos Santos who got to it ahead of Chappell and put the ball past the goalkeeper towards goal but redwood kept it out.

Jackson then shot on the turn at Stroomberg-Clarke when Dos Santos played the ball back to him after it had come in from the right hand side in the 82nd minute.

Medlock was then booked for simulation by referee Sean Jenkins in the 86ht minute.

The game was open in the closing stages as Redwood let fly from distance in the 89th minute when Newcombe got behind it.

Heard’s dismissal came during stoppage time as he received a second yellow card for a sliding challenge on Gregory.

This was Invicta’s first goalless draw since a visit to Leatherhead back in March.

LEWES: Stroomberg-Clarke, Day, Redwood, Freeman (Diedrick-Roberts 45 mins), Chappell, Malins, Golding, Hammond, Mongoy (Gregory 45 mins), Coppola (Medlock 52 mins), Ilic.  Unused sub: Yeboah.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Newcombe, Vincent, Paxman, Newman, Davies, Hasler (Ter Horst 60 mins), Heard, Dolan, Jackson, Dos Santos, McCann.  Unused subs: O’Mara, Everitt, Blanks, Roberts

Corners: Lewes 6 Invicta 6