Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Hastings United

Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 16th Aug 2022

Kick off - 19:45

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 20th Aug 2022

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Enfield T.
1 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 13th Aug 2022

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
4 vs 2

Ashford Utd.


Sun 7th Aug 2022

Full time

Invicta Lottery

Click here to support today Licensed Lottery, Folkestone & Hythe District No. 008

Total raised from supporters

  • £20,500
  • £21,000
  • £21,500
  • £22,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

FOLKESTONE INVICTA                         5    KINGSTONIAN                               1

Folkestone Invicta record a second successive 5-1 home Pitching In Isthmian League Premier Division victory as they swept aside ten men Kingstonian who had goalkeeper Rob Tolfrey sent off after just four minutes at BuildKent Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Ade Yusuff, Matt Newman (2) and David Smith (2, one penalty) scored the goals as Neil Cugley’s side maintained their strong start to the 021-22 season.

Invicta’s previous 5-1 home league win had been against Brightlingsea regent a fortnight earlier that was followed by two epic F A Cup ties against Eastleigh.

The Folkestone side kept the same starting X1 that had done so well against Eastleigh in front of a bumper crowd on Tuesday night in front of what was another healthy attendance.

The visitors had the game’s first chance after just 35 seconds when Rhys Murrell-Williamson played the ball in from the right to t striker Dan Ajakaiye who was just wide from a tight angle at the near post.

At the other end, Scott Heard found Alfie Paxman on the left hand side in the second minute but Tolfrey claimed the ball in ahead of Smith.

The big incident involving Tolfrey soon followed when the goalkeeper charged out after Heard had played the ball up to Paxman and was given a straight red card for handling the ball outside the penalty area and denying a goalscoring opportunity from the latter’s attempted lob.

Club legend Tolfrey claims that the ball struck him in the face but was dismissed by referee Scott Rudd.

The unfortunate Murrell-Williamosn was sacrificed as the visitors brought on young substitute goalkeeper Mason Whitnell for a debut that manager Hayden Bird later described as “a baptism of fire”.

Whitnell had been recalled by the club after a recent loan spell away.

Jordan Wright took the ball on and fired over in the 12th minute after a move involving Ronnie Dolan and Heard.

Kingstonian then had further early problems as they lost central defender Ollie Cook to injury within the opening quarter of an hour of what was a stop-start opening to the game.

To compound their problems substitute Jerry Puemo was also carrying a knock sustained in the warm up.

Yusuff played the ball across to Heard but a defender rushed out to clear.

The opening goal came in the 18th minute when the ball fell to Heard in space after a misplaced pass and the midfielder played it to YUSUFF who slotted it into the net for his second league goal of the season.

Dolan then played a good 22nd minute ball to Wright whose accurate cross from the right hand side was headed just over by Yusuff at the far post.

Substitute Kingstonian goalkeeper Whitnell then kicked the ball straight to Yusuff two minutes later who played it to striking partner Smith but the latter blasted wastefully over.

It was 2-0 in the 26th minute following the game’s first corner when after a short set piece Heard’s cross was headed in by NEWMAN.

Defender Newman’s last goal had been in a 3-0 win at Margate on Easter Monday 2019 whne he had headed in from another Heard delivery following a corner on the right. He wasn’t to have to wait long for his next goal.

It was to be an eventful afternoon for Newman – two goals, man of the match, a yellow card and later taking over the captain’s armband when Callum Davies went off.

Newman then received the ball from Ryan Johnson and found Paxman on the left whose 32nd minute cross was dropped by the hesitant Whitnell as the home side gained a second corner.

Paxman was involved again as he drilled a low shot wide from the left hand side across goal in a move started by Smith and Heard.

Newman was booked for curtailing a Gus Sow run on the edge of the box vut Jason Banton blasted the 39th minute free kick over the bar from a very inviting central position.

NEWMAN struck again with another header to make it 3-0 from Dolan’s 39th minute corner from the left after substitute Puemo had put the ball out.

It was all Invicta as a 41st minute Yusuff shot was deflected for a corner when Wright played it across having been found by Heard on the right hand side.

Yusuff then headed wide when Dolan played a 44th minute ball in after a move that involved Heard, Paxman, Wright and Josh Vincent.

Six minutes of time was added on at the end of the first half due to the sending off and Cook injury.

During that time Dolan curled a shot narrowly wide when Paxman played the ball to him on the edge of the box from the left hand side after Dolan had initially combined with Yusuff.

For a second successive Saturday Invicta were 3-0 up at half time but this time they were also to score two of the three second half goals.

Smith played the ball through to Heard very early in the second half but Whitnell came out to save.

But it was soon 4-0 when Yusuff was fouled by Kingstonian captain Simon Cooper after a move involving Heard and Paxman. It was SMITH who hit the well-taken 49th minute penalty to become the third Invicta player to score from the spot so far this season.

Yusuff headed against the post after a deep 52nd minute cross from the right.

There were chances at both ends in the 53rd minute as Kershaney Samuels slipped the ball through to Ajakaiye but home goalkeeper Alexis Andre came out to make a good save.  Yusuff then hit a low ball across goal from the right hand side seconds later.

Andre got behind a 59th minute shot from Banton, while Wright warmed Whitnell’s hands at the other end a minute later when played in by substitute Ian Draycott on the right hand side.

Samuels got a shot in from outside the penalty area on the hour mark but Andre got behind it.

Yusuff found Paxman on the left hand side in the 62nd minute but the ball was cleared by a defender.

Newman took over the captain’s armband when Finn O’Mara came on for Davies.

Whitnell saved from Yusuff in the 69th minute when Newman’s follow up was deflected over for a corner.

It was not Kingstonian’s day as a well-worked 69th move culminated in Samuels’ ball in from the right being converted by Ajakaiye but the ‘goal’ was ruled out for offside.

Kingstonian’s Sow was booked for a folu on Wright and the subsequent 74th minute free kick led to Invicta’s final goal as substitute Tyler Sterling’s ball in was touched on by O’Mara and put in by SMITH for his second goal of the game.

The visitors pulled a goal back in the 77th minute when Sow embarked on a good run into the box and went down under challenge from Wright. A penalty was awarded – a soft one – and SOW himself lifted his spot kick into the net.

Ajakaiye then broke down the left hand side of the box in the 82nd minute but Dolan cleared and Ajakaiye broke again in the 8u9th minute and found Juevan Spencer on the left hand side but Andre held the ball in.

There was also a booking for Invicta substitute Sterling (shirt pulling on Kingstonian substitute Aaron Lamont).

The final corner count of 6-0 in Invicta’s favour reflected the visitors’ struggles.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Andre, Vincent, Wright, Newman, Davies (O’Mara 63 mins), Johnson (Draycott 56 mins), Heard (Sterling 69 mins), Dolan, Smith, Yusuff, Paxman.   Unused subs: MCCann, Collins.

KINGSTONIAN: Tolfrey, Spencer, Bilongo, Cooper, Cook (Puemo 14 mins), Beaney, Samuels, Sow, Ajakaiye, Banton (Lamont 66 mins), Murrell-Williamson (Whitnell 7 mins).  Unused subs: Barton, Gjoshe. 

Attendance: 884.