Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Hastings United

Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 16th Aug 2022

Kick off - 19:45

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 20th Aug 2022

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Enfield T.
1 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 13th Aug 2022

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
4 vs 2

Ashford Utd.


Sun 7th Aug 2022

Full time

Invicta Lottery

Click here to support today Licensed Lottery, Folkestone & Hythe District No. 008

Total raised from supporters

  • £20,500
  • £21,000
  • £21,500
  • £22,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

 Booth goes close to winning it before Invicta have to settle for bringing Burgess Hill back to the Fullicks for Trophy Replay



Folkestone Invicta and Burgess Hill Town will have to do it all again in an FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round replay after a hard-fought goalless draw at The Green Elephants Stadium on Saturday afternoon

This always looked like being a tight tie between the clubs currently placed second and third in the Ryman League Division One South and this encounter saw a repeat of last season’s 0-0 draw between the two clubs after surviving a morning pitch inspection.

Burgess Hill’s only competitive defeat so far this season came in their FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round tie away to Dartford, whilst Invicta went into Saturday’s game on the back of seven successive wins in all competitions.

The two big chances of Saturday came within a two minute spell during the second half.

Firstly Paul Booth looked as though he had given Invicta the lead but his shot came back off the post after an excellent combination with Ian Draycott.

Then Invicta had goalkeeper Tim Roberts to thank for denying Pat Harding when visiting right back Josh Vincent headed an Andy Pearson ball forward into the striker’s path.

Invicta had gone into the game with a bold formation as top goalscorer Draycott - pictured in action above - came back in after a hamstring injury, but Micheal Everitt had to pull out for family reasons. Jordan Wright took Everitt’s place in the centre of midfield with both Joe Taylor and Jon Pilbeam out wide.

But it was Burgess Hill who made the better start as Greg Luer cut in from the right hoand side and shot wide of the far post in the opening 30 seconds.


It was possibly Luer’s last game for the Hillians ahead of a proposed move to Hull City - following our own Johan Ter Horst who is currently starring for the Tigers' Under Development side.

Home captain and playmaker Darren Budd then shot wide after Harding pulled the ball back in the fifth minute and Budd then fired over from the right hand side when Harding played the ball out to him.

Visiting goalkeeper Roberts – who had saved a penalty here last season - was called into action when he saved a Toby Pointing shot across goal after Joe Keehan had spread the play from the right hand side to the left back on the quarter of an hour mark.

Vincent then cleared a 21st minute cross from the right as Invicta had some more defending to do.

The visitors then threatened with their best move of the first half as home goalkeeper Josh James came out to make a close range save from Draycott in the 25th minute when Pilbeam slipped the ball through after a Vincent ball forward.

Burgess Hill responded as Luer did well to make room for himself three minutes later but central defender Frankie Chappell blocked his shot.

Rob O’Toole headed just over for Burgess Hill in the 34th minute after Harding had pulled the ball back just beyond Luer, while Taylor went close to putting the ball in for Invicta a minute later when Pilbeam sent a dangerous cross in from the right.

Scott Kirkwood could not then find the target when Budd did well to pull the ball back.

Invicta had to make a change before half time as 17-year-old Callum Wraight replaced Taylor (back) and slotted in at left back, with Nat Blanks moving up into midfield on his 100th starting appearance for the club.

A 45th minute Pointing cross from the left evaded both Burgess Hill’s Keenan and Invicta goalkeeper Roberts in the middle, while the home side had penalty appeals waved away during first half stoppage time for a possible push by Chappell on O’Toole.

Invicta gained a corner when Wright made a good run and slipped the ball through to Pilbeam at the start of the second half.


Harding turned and shot when Budd played the ball up to him on the left hand side in the 50th minute but Invicta captain Liam Friend blocked for a corner.

Draycott then made room for himself and hit a low shot narrowly wide from the edge of the penalty area. Draycott’s work rate in the absence of Everitt was a big help to Invicta as they changed their shape for the second half.

Substitute Wraight became the game’s only booking for a 3rd minute trip on Neil Watts but again played his part as Invicta went on to record a clean sheet.

Booth’s strike against the post followed in the 57th minute and then Roberts made his big save from Harding at the expense of a corner a minute later.

Will Miles headed a Luer corner from the left just wide on the hour mark and Draycott fired over in the 63rd minute when the ball broke to him after Vincent had played it up to Pilbeam (pictured left hurdling keeper Josh James) as the game at last opened up.

Wraight made a good 65th minute tackle to deny Budd when Watts and Keehan worked the ball across to O’Toole on the left and he crossed to the right hand side of the penalty area.

A 69th minute Kirkwood shot deflected into the side netting for a corner when he got in behind Blanks inside the penalty area and Roberts came out to claim a minute later when Harding touched the ball on for Luer in a move started by defenders Watts and Pearson.

Chappell did well to block from Kirkwood for a corner in the 81st minute when substitute Lee Harding got past Friend down the left hand side and his ball in was touched on by Luer.

Roberts saved from O’Toole during stoppage time after Luer had found Watts and there was still time for Chappell to block from home substitute Spencer Slaughter.

It was Invicta who were happier to hear the final whistle and have home advantage for the replay but this is likely to be very close again at The Fullicks Stadium on Tuesday night.

BURGESS HILL TOWN: James, Watts, Pointing, Budd (Perry 85 mins), Pearson, Miles, Kirkwood, Keehan (Slaughter 65 mins), P Harding (L Harding 78 mins), Luer, O’Toole.  Unused subs: Tuck, Green.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent, Blanks, Friend, Chappell, Newman, Wright, Pilbeam, Draycott, Booth, Taylor (Wraight 42 mins).  Unused subs: Fedor, Palmer, Fender. 

Attendance: 334.  

Corners: Burgess Hill 8 Invicta 3