Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Dover Ath


Sat 6th Jul 2019

Kick off - 15:00

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0



Tue 9th Jul 2019

Kick off - 19:45

Latest Scores

None available

Total raised from supporters

  • £32,500
  • £33,000
  • £33,500
  • £34,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR

Invicta's two wins from two cheer home supporters at the Fullicks Stadium after chairman's departure



Folkestone Invicta made it two consecutive home victories at the start of the 2014-15 season as goals from 37-year-olds Darren Smith and Paul Booth (penalty) gave Neil Cugley’s side all three points against Tooting & Mitcham United at The Fullicks Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Smith opened the scoring midway through the first half and Booth made the points safe from the spot after striking partner Ian Draycott had been brought down by goalkeeper Paul Smith.


Midfielder Smith had come into the side for his first league game sincere-joining the club from Leatherhead having missed the opening two fixtures due to family reasons. Smith came in for Roland Edge who was best man at a wedding, with Nat Blanks dropping to left back.

Invicta had chances as early as the second minute when Micheal Everitt played the ball in to Booth whose header was kept out by goalkeeper Smith, with Invicta’s own Smith having his follow up blocked and Draycott’s subsequent shot was saved.

At the other end, right back Michael Aladetouw burst forward in the fifth minute and got clear of Invicta captain Liam Friend but Tim Roberts saved and Frankie Chappell cleared from striker Sol Pinnock.

Tooting is a good footballing side that enjoyed its fair share of possession although the visitors will ultimately have been disappointed not to have created enough clear cut chances to hurt Invicta.

Invicta striker Booth got a lucky break in the 18th minute as he combined with Dane Luchford and the latter’s cross was cleared for a corner by Aladetouw.

Jordan Clarke then made room for himself for Tooting and shot from the edge of the penalty area but Roberts made a save.

The opening goal came after a well-worked 24th minute Invicta move as SMITH lifted the ball over his goalkeeper namesake to find the net when Booth played him through in a move started by Matt Newman.

Tooting soon had to make a change as Elliott Simpson replaced Aladetouw.

Pinnock applied a good touch when receiving the ball from Clarke on the half hour mark and hit a low strike from just outside the penalty area but Roberts got down to save.

Invicta finished the first half strongly as Luchford shot wastefully wide across goal when Booth played the ball through in the 43rd minute.

Booth then blasted over from the left hand side of the penalty area two minutes later when a Luchford cross from the right had evaded Draycott in the middle after Newman had played the ball out wide.

There was still time before the interval for Newman, Booth and Draycott to combine to put Smith through down the middle again but the visiting goalkeeper came out to smother and Jordan Cheadle was able to clear and avert the danger close to the line.

Simpson and Tinashe Nkoma combined to find Clarke on the right hand side in the 50th minute who cut in past Friend but Newman got across to clear at the expense of a corner. Centre half Cheadle then fired over from outside the penalty area after a Clarke ball following Simpson’s subsequent corner on the right.

Booth then went for placement over power in the 54th minute from the edge of the penalty area after a move that also involved Josh Vincent and Luchford.

Penalty area

Cheadle fired a free kick wastefully over after Blanks had brought Nkoma down, while Draycott mis-hit his shot for Invicta after Booth had brought the ball down inside the penalty area.

Nkoma made room after receiving the ball from Simpson in the 65th minute and shot at Roberts from outside the penalty area as the majority of the visitors’ strikes were still coming from distance.

At the other end, a Vincent shot from the right hand edge of the box flew over when the ball came back out after Smith had dummied a Draycott ball across from the left when it broke off tooting captain Francis Quarm.

A 68th minute Pinnock shot from outside the area was comfortably saved by Roberts when a throw in from the right fell to the visitors’ striker.

Tooting defender Colin Hartburn cleared in the 78th minute when Booth squared the ball to Draycott as Invicta broke when Friend played the ball out of defence to Luchford.

Invicta’s penalty came as Smith and Booth put Draycott through and the striker got in behind defender Simpson before being brought down as he went round goalkeeper Smith who was probably received to escape with a yellow card.

BOOTH’s subsequent 80th minute spot kick was to double the home side’s advantage.

Substitute Ashley Robinson shot wide from the left hand side for Tooting after an 86th minute Harry Knock ball.

But Invicta – with substitutes Jon Pilbeam, Connor Coyne and Michael Yianni all coming on during the final ten minutes – continued to create the better chances.

Hit post

Pilbeam broke down the right hand side in the 87th minute but Draycott was just unable to put the ball in from close range in the middle and likewise Smith at the far post.

Hartburn then cleared off the line to deny Coyne a minute later and the home substitute’s rebound was put out for a corner from which Chappell headed over Smith’s ball in from the left.

Robinson hit a stoppage time shot on the turn at Roberts after a Quarm ball but Invicta were to record a first clean sheet of the season on their way to seven points out of nine from their first three matches.

As well as Tooting goalkeeper Smith, there were bookings for Invicta’s Blanks and Tooting’s Clarke.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent, Blanks, Friend, Chappell, Newman, Luchford (Pilbeam 80 mins), Smith (Yianni 88 mins), Draycott, Booth (Coyne 85 mins), M Everitt.  Unused subs: Elliott, Wright.

TOOTING & MITCHAM UNITED: Smith, Aladetouw (Simpson 29 mins), Jelley, Knock, J Cheadle, Hartburn, Nkoma, Quarm, Pinnock, Summers (Robinson 61 mins), Clarke (Murphy 85 mins).  Unused subs: Moriary, H Cheadle,

Attendance: 265

Corners: Invicta 5 Tooting 2  

Pictured: Darren Smith chips keeper Paul Smith to open the scoring for Folkestone (pic: Dan Cork)