Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Dover Ath


Sat 6th Jul 2019

Kick off - 15:00

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0



Tue 9th Jul 2019

Kick off - 19:45

Latest Scores

None available

Total raised from supporters

  • £32,500
  • £33,000
  • £33,500
  • £34,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR



 SCORE  0 - 0    Gate 110

DATE  27/12/18.  For the Match Preview click HERE

Video of Game click  HERE(when available)

Folkestone Invicta recorded a rare goalless draw on a damp night away to Whitehawk at The TerraPura Ground in Brighton on Tuesday night.

For bottom-of-the-table Whitehawk it was, by all accounts, a much improved performance after six successive defeat and now no win in 12 games and the Hawks will feel that they could have won it as they hit the post twice.

For Invicta, this was never going to be an easy midweek trip and hme goalkeeper Melvin minter was chosen as man of the match.

This was Invicta’s fourth clean sheet in their last five matches in al competitions. It was a first 0-0 draw since last season’s Kent Reliance Senior Cup Final at Maidstone United and a first in the league since a home game against Merstham in August 2016.

Invicta’s squad is starting to be stretched as Ronnie Dolan fractured an ankle in Saturday’s F. A. Trophy defeat at Woking and Sam Hasler was rushed to hospital and had his appendix taken out on Saturday night. Johan Ter Horst also remains absent with a knee injury.

Ian Draycott came into the starting X1 in place of the unfortunate Dolan.

The visitors had the first shot of the night in the third minute when Nat Blanks and Draycott combined to find striker Ade Yusuff but Minter saved and Alfie Paxman couldn’t quite then meet Kieron McCann’s ball in from the left.

Goalkeeper Minter had impressed against Invicta in the past when with Harrow Borough.

In the early exchanges, Invicta goalkeeper Tim Roberts got behind a free kick from Kent-based Tommy Cooney after a Blanks foul on Lucas Rodrigues and Invicta central defender Matt Newman – the subject of recent interest from Whitehawk – cleared a ball into the penalty area when a crossfield pass from the left found the Brilian Rodrigues on the right.

Invicta went close in the tenth minute when a Yusuff shot was cleared off the line by hoe centre half Matt Drage after an initial Yusuff shot had been blocked in a move that also involved McCann and Paxman.  Draycott then curled a shot wide of the far post after a Yusuff pass seconds later.

At the other end, a Nat Pinney – wearing number 18 – ball put former Bognor Regis marksman James Fraser clear in the 12th minute whose shot across goal was just wide of the far post as the home side claimed a corner.

Whitehawk’s first corner of the night a minute later came out to Fraser on the edge of the box whose shot deflected off a team mate close to the line and went out for a goal kick.

Home captain Henry Muggeridge then got his shot in after being found by Pinney on the left hand side but Roberts saved.

Invicta captain Callum Davies brought the ball out of defence and combined with Draycott before finding Yusuff on the right but the 20th minute shot across goal was palmed away by Minter.

Davies then threw himself across to block a Fraser shot four minutes later after Invicta right back Phil Starkey had lost possession following a Blanks throw in to Draycott and Connor Tighe played it out to the right hand side.

It was Davies who also slid to avert the danger close to goal when Sinn’Kaye Christie surged into the Invicta penalty area in the 26th minute and the ball went out for a goal kick.

Rodrigues then burst forward two minutes later and found Tighe on the right who played the ball in to Rodrigues who had continued his run into the box but Newman got across to clear at the expense of a corner.

Pinney shot against the far post on the half hour mark when a Muggeridge corner from the left was touched on. It had been a Muggeridge free kick that had been put out for the corner after a foul by Davies on Fraser.

The home side gained another corner in the 33rd minute when a Rodrigues cross was put out by Davies after Pinney and Luke Emberson had worked the ball out to the right hand side.

Whitehawk threatened again in the 37th minute when Aaron Goode played the ball through to Fraser but Micheal Everitt cleared from inside the box.

Roberts then got down to save when Pinney shot on the turn a minute later.

Minter got across to save at the other end in the 38th minute when Draycott played the ball back from the left hand side to McCann.

The stalemate continued as Yusuff mis-kicked his shot when the ball was played up to him a minute later and Yusuff cut in from the right and poked his low shot at Minter when the ball fell to him in the 41st minute.

A Rodrigues shot swerved wide of the far post when he let fly deep into first half stoppage time.

Following a spell of Invicta possession, Paxman combined with Yusuff and the former’s shot deflected off Drage for the visitors’ second corner of the night.

Rodrigues did well to get forward and play a one-two with Pinney to create a chance a minute later but Newman did enough to put Rodrigues off his stride and the ball went wide.

Draycott picked his moment to shoot for Invicta in the 56th minute but Minter got across to save after Finn O’Mara had played the ball forward when receiving it from Newman.

Yusuff got to the ball down the right hand side two minutes later but was forced wide and couldn’t guide it in when Everitt threaded the ball through to Draycott in a move started by Starkey and Paxman.

Paxman then took on Christie and Cooney when receiving the ball from Starkey in the 64th minute and played the ball back to Yusuff who couldn’t get his shot on target.

Whitehawk right back Goode became the game’s first booking for as 69th minute foul on McCann.

Invicta broke in the 73rd minute when Draycott found Everitt who picked Yusuff out on the left and the striker took the ball on closer to goal but Minter saved at his near post.

It was end to end as Christie and Fraser worked the ball out to Cooney on the left in the 78th minute whose ball across goal reached substitute Ky Marsh-Brown on the right who made room to shoot but Roberts saved at his near post.

Invicta left back Blanks was booked a minute later for fouling Marsh-Brown after losing possession when receiving the ball from Davies.

Minter was then booked in the 80th minute for racing out and clattering into Yusuff who had lifted his shot over the goalkeeper but wide of the target after O’Mara had received the ball from Davies and broke forward before playing the ball out to the left hand side.

Whitehawk went close again when Tighe curled a well-struck 86th minute shot across goal and against the far post from the left hand side after a move involving Fraser and Muggeridge.

Home substitute Jason Williams then played a dangerous ball across the Invicta penalty area a minute later after Emberson had played it out to the left after a stray pass from Starkey.

There were chances at both ends in the 88th mint as Minter saved from McCann at his near post at the expense of a corner after a Draycott shot had come off Yusuff and Paxman cleared from close to the line when Williams broke and fellow substitute Marsh-Brown played a low ball across goal.

A final chance saw Yusuff receive an 89th minute ball from Draycott on the right and eventually got his shot in but a defender blocked and honours remained even.

WHITEHAWK: Minter, Goode, Cooney, Meggeridge, Drage, Christie, Rodrigues (Marsh-Brown 68 mins), Emberson, Fraser, Tighe, Pinney (Williams 76 mins).  Unused subs: Walsh, Unwin, Sanders.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Starkey, Blanks, O’Mara, Davies, Paxman, Newman, Everitt, Draycott, Yusuff, McCann.   Unused subs: Rowland, Vincent, Madden, Shaw.

Corners: Whitehawk 6 Invicta 6