Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0


Pre-Season Friendly

Fri 6th Jul 2018

Kick off - 19:30

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0


Pre-Season Friendly

Mon 9th Jul 2018

Kick off - 19:45

Latest Scores

None available

Total raised from supporters

  • £32,500
  • £33,000
  • £33,500
  • £34,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR



 SCORE   1-1 Lost on Pens.

DATE  05/08/17.  For the Match Preview click HERE

Video of Game click  HERE(when available)

Thamesmead Town win 3-2 on penalties

Folkestone Invicta were beaten in a penalty shoot out as they completed their pre-season programme with their annual Sid Burvill Trophy match as Thamesmead Town came away victorious at The Fullicks Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The scores had finished 1-1 after 90 minutes as Sam Hasler headed Invicta level during the second half after Tom O’Connor had given the visitors a first half lead.

Tommy Warrilow’s Thamesmead were to win the shoot out 3-2 as goalkeeper Lewis Carey saved from both Ade Yussuf and Joe N’Guessan before Kwabena Osei put his kick over the crossbar to seal Invicta’s fate.

The Folkestone club has hosted this fixture in memory of its former gateman since 2000 and won the first seven games before losing in 2007 and 2008 to Bromley and Tooting & Mitcham respectively.

Invicta then won four more successive games for the Sid Burvill Trophy before losing 4-0 last summer to Faversham Town and now going down again here.

There had been previous penalty shoot out wins for Neil Cugley’s side in 2003 (v welling United), 2012 (against a Tonbridge side managed by Warrilow) and in 2014 (against AFC Hornchurch).

O’CONNOR put Thamesmead ahead with a great 15th minute strike that flew into the corner of the net when a corner from the left hand side came back out to him.

Invicta equalised in the 73rd minute when HASLER got down to head in from close range when Scott Heard chipped the ball across from the left hand side after referee Isaac Searle had played on despite Thamesmead’s Joe Denny lying in the penalty area with a facial injury.

During the penalties, Carey did well when he got across to touch Yussuf’s opening kick over the crossbar and Jake McIntyre successfully converted Thamesmead’s opener.

Hasler found the net for Invicta before Richard Butler put Thamesmead 2-1 up despite goalkeeper Tim Roberts getting hands on it.

Carey did well again to get across and push N’Guessan’s kick past the post and Ryan Flack then stepped up to put Thamesmead 3-1 up.

Salvyn Kisitu scored to make it 2-3 and Roberts then got across to his right to save from Ellis Green.

But any hopes of an Invicta comeback were extinguished when Osei shot over and Thamesmead did not need to take their fifth kick.

Thamesmead have been switched from the Bostik League Northern Division to the Southern Division and will play their home matches at Dartford’s Princes Park stadium this season. They have a good account of themselves from the start here.

A free kick in the opening minutes was met by striker Alex Teniola’s header that was goal bound but goalkeeper Roberts got across to save at the expense of the game’s first corner. O’Connor then hit a low shot wide across goal.

At the other end, Kieron McCann made space but fired over from the edge of the penalty area.

Tashi Kwasi found Bode Anidugbe in the ninth minute when Roberts got down to comfortably save the latter’s low shot.

Green then hit a low free kick under the wall three minutes later that Roberts again saved comfortably and held at the second attempt after a foul by Osei on Teniola.

Thamesmead were close in the 13th minute when Anidugbe hit a great strike that flew narrowly wide of the post.

Invicta were not firing on all cylinders and Hasler shot well over the crossbar from the right hand side of the penalty area.

The initial build up to Thamesmead’s goal began in somewhat bizarre circumstances as play went on as Invicta expected to be awarded an offside decision. The goal actually came via a corner gained when Green cut in from the left and let fly but Roberts got across to save.

Invicta responded as a good touch from Hasler found Heard on the right hand side of the penalty area in the 21st minute who chipped to the far post where Yussuf headed over.

The home side then had to make a first half change as Nat Blank s came on for Micheal Everitt. Blanks went to left back, with Kisitu moving across to the right, Josh Vincent into central defence and Osei up into central midfield.

Hasler let fly from outside the penalty area but Carey got down to save in the 24th minute and McCann couldn’t quite force the ball in when Heard crossed from the right eight minutes later.

Hasler then fired a free kick from a central position right on the edge of the penalty area wastefully over the crossbar a minute later after Hasler had himself been fouled.

The torrential rain and hail then followed for the remainder of the first half.

In the run up to half time, Yussuf curled his shot just wide after Heard had played the ball up to him.

O’Connor then hit a free kick into the Invicta wall right on the interval following a good break when Kwasi played the ball out to Anidugbe who was fouled by Vincent.

Thamesmead’s half time substitutes included the introduction of former Invicta players Dane Luchford and Simon Glover.  Glover had scored twice for the Folkestone club in a 6-1 Sid Burvill Trophy win over Ashford way back in 2004.

The visitors had another chance early in the second half when Vincent blocked Kwasi’ s shot when the ball was played up to the Thamesmead forward.

It then looked like being 2-0 in the 52nd minute when the ball was slipped through to Kwasi whose shot came back off the post.

Green then cut in from the left and let fly but Roberts got across to save at the expense of a corner and the set piece from the right was headed over by Butler in the middle.

It was sunny now.

McCann shot well wide from inside the box in the 55th minute and Yussuf hit a low shot wide of the far post across goal two minutes later when Ian Draycott touched the ball on after Hasler had played it up to the striker.

Draycott was then replaced by N’Guessan.

Yussuf received the ball from Kisitu down the right hand side and took it into the penalty area before warming goalkeeper Carey’s hands in the 59th minute and Kisitu’s shot flew just wide when he let fly from outside the penalty area a minute later.

A Hasler corner from the right then found Heard on the left hand side of the penalty area who fired well over the crossbar.

Paul Vines – who had own here with Tooting in the summer of 2008 – came on as a substitute for Thamesmead and was soon involved as he shot over from the edge of the penalty area after a Green cross from the left.

Harvey Brand received the ball from Luchford on the right in the 69th minute when the right back got forward and fired over from outside the penalty area.

Invicta’s Vincent was then booked for a foul when Green played the ball forward a minute later and McIntyre hit the subsequent free kick over the crossbar.

The home side’s equaliser followed when Denny had to be replaced by Butler after suffering nosebleed.

Invicta’s Yussuf was then booked as the Folkestone side found themselves in the unusual position of picking up pre-season yellow cards.

Butler headed away in the middle when Osei found Kisitu on the right and Yussuf fired a low shot wide as Invicta chased a late winner,

A final substitution saw Heard limp off to be replaced by Ethan Madden in the closing minutes.

Callum Davies and Anidugbe received their respective side’s man of the match award and Thamesmead captain Leon Smith received the Sid Burvill Trophy from the Burvill on the pitch at the after-match presentations.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent, Kisitu, Osei, Davies, Everitt (Blanks 20 mins), Hasler, Heard (Madden 90 mins), Draycott (N’Guessan 59 mins), Yussuf, McCann.  Unused sub: Jelley.

THAMESMEAD TOWN: Carey, Brand, Mendy (McIntyre 45 mins), Kinch, Smith, Denny (Butler 73 mins), Anidugbe, O’Connor (Glover 45 mins), Teniola (Luchford 45 mins), Kwasi (Vines 65 mins), Green.  Other subs: Flack, Ovenden.

Attendance: 301.