Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0


Bostik Premier Division

Sat 26th Jan 2019

Kick off - 15:00

Dorking Wanderers
0 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta

Bostik Premier Division

Sat 2nd Feb 2019

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Brightlingsea Regent
2 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta

Bostik Premier Division

Sat 19th Jan 2019

Full time

Bracknell Town
4 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

League Cup 2018/19

Tue 15th Jan 2019

Full time

Total raised from supporters

  • £32,500
  • £33,000
  • £33,500
  • £34,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR



 SCORE  3-3   Gate 326

DATE  27/01/18.  For the Match Preview click HERE

Video of Game click  HERE(when available)

Folkestone Invicta came back from an eventual trip to north-west London with a point but having led 3-0 after 72 minutes and having hit the post twice, the crossbar once and missed a penalty.

Last season’s corresponding fixture had also finished 3-3 on what was Invicta’s first visit to the 3G pitch at Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury. The Folkestone side had led 2-0 at halftime and 3-1 with 20 minutes to go in that game as well.

Captain Callum Davies had scored two rare goals for Invicta on Saturday, but it was Hendon captain Casey Maclaren who headed in Hendon’s equaliser deep into stoppage time after substitute Zak Joseph had scored a candidate for goal of the season.

Goals and comebacks are on the agenda when these two clubs meet as Invicta had come back from being 2-0 down to win 3-2 at home to Hendon back in September after a goalless first half.

Hendon had also drawn 3-3 away to Needham Market in their last game the previous Saturday having led 3-1 when Invicta manager Neil Cugley had watched Hythe Town come back from being 3-0 down at halftime to draw 3-3 on a £G pitch at Ashford.

Supporters would have come to this game expecting goals, goals, goals. Hendon’s previous home fixture had seen them win 9-1 against Spelthorne Sports in the quarterfinals of the Middlesex Senior Cup. Invicta’s only other completed Saturday fixture so far in 2018 had resulted in a 4-3 defeat away to league leaders Dulwich Hamlet.

The day’s drama was not limited to the six-goal thriller as Invicta had transport problems en route. The clutch on the coach gave out on a busy road about two miles from the ground and players, supporters and club officials completed the journey by a combination of foot, taxi, bus and cars in the rain after police intervention was required before they could disembark the stricken coach.

Invicta went into the game with the same 4-3-3 starting X1 that had won their previous match 2-0 away to Lowestoft Town as Ade Yusuff, Ian Draycott and Joe Taylor again formed a three-pronged attack.

The visitors were close as early as the fourth minute as Yusuff fired against the post after he had initially combined with Taylor when Sam Hasler played the ball up to Scott Heard.

Hendon responded as left back Liam Gordon embarked on a purposeful run and fired just over the crossbar from the edge of the penalty area two minutes later.

The dangerous Ashley Nathaniel-George then capitalised when an eighth-minute Heard throw in did not make it as far as intended target Hasler and ran on before playing the ball out to Joe White on the right-hand side whose ball in was headed over by striker Niko Muir, the Premier Division’s leading goalscorer who has recently been on trial at QPR.

Striker Josh Walker drew central defender Matt Newman a minute later and also escaped the attention of Finn O’Mara before hitting a low shot just wide of the post.

Gordon ran forward and found Muir in the 11th minute who was dispossessed by O’Mara at the expense of the game’s first corner.

Invicta then had to make an early change as they lost Heard to a knee injury and brought substitute Kieron McCann into midfield.

The Folkestone side gained its first corner of the afternoon in the 17th minute when a Hasler shot from just outside the area was deflected after a Yusuff ball from the left-hand side of the box.

Invicta was awarded a penalty in the 21st minute after a foul on Yusuff who was brought down by Maclaren after O’Mara had played the ball in from the left to Taylor in a move started by Yusuff himself.

But Yusuff put the subsequent spot kick wide of the post.

The visitors then had penalty appeals for handball turned down three minutes later when a Hasler corner from the right flashed dangerously across goal.

Invicta opened the scoring in the 26th minute after a good passing move when Arthur Lee lost possession to Hasler who found Taylor and DRAYCOTT slotted his low shot into the net.

Draycott has now scored seven goals in eight matches since returning to action from a belated honeymoon on the Saturday before Christmas.

Invicta went forward again in the 28th minute when Taylor combined with McCann and a Hasler shot from distance was charged down.

A 37th minute Hasler corner from the left was met by Davies at the far post but the ball was cleared.

Hendon goalkeeper Corey Addai’s clearance was then met by Hasler a minute later who played Yusufff in and the striker got his shot in despite being impeded by defender Jake Eggleton but Addai touched the ball around the post for a corner.

Invicta was on top as Hasler received the ball from O’Mara and picked Yusuff out with a good pass out to the right-hand side of the box and the latter’s ball in was cleared by Rian Bray.

Visiting right-back Josh Vincent was booed for bringing Nathaniel-George down in the 41st minute after the wide man had burst past him when White had found Muir.

Luke Tingey cut inside McCann and found Nathaniel-George in the 45th minute who ran on when under the attention of both Vincent and Draycott before finding Maclaren who slipped the ball into Muir but Newman got there to put the ball out for a throw-in.

The excitement was to grow during a second half which began with a 48th minute Hasler booking for dissent.

A 51st minute Hasler free kick from deep on the left to the far post was met by a stunning Vincent diving header that came back off the post following a foul by Walker on Micheal Everitt.

Muir received the ball from Tingey and ran on a minute later before trying to slip the ball through to Walker but McCann made a good interception.

A deep 53rd-minute ball from the left evaded O’Mara but Walker’s ball in from wide on the right-hand side was too deep.

Invicta had another chance in the 55th minute when McCann beat his man down the left-hand side to create a good opening for O’Mara who shot into the side netting at the near post.

This was O’Mara’s last Invicta appearance at the end of his loan spell from Gillingham.

A 62nd minute Maclaren run down the left-hand side was curtailed and Gordon played the ball into White but Davies got across to avert the danger.

Zak Joseph replaced Walker for Hendon and was to play a big part in the final half an hour.

After a handball decision against Joseph, it was soon 2-0 to Invicta as Hasler’s 65th-minute free-kick from the left was met by another Vincent header at the far post and headed in by DAVIES.

Invicta created another chance two minutes later when Draycott was wide of the target after an O’Mara ball in from the left.

The visitors were looking the real deal as it was 3-0 in the 70th minute when a Hasler corner from the right was met by another DAVIES header in the middle for his second goal of the game.

Invicta has now scored at least two goals in their last nine fixtures and three goals in five of their last seven matches.

Hendon pulled a goal back in the 73rd minute when after a good turn by Nathaniel-George, Muir slipped the ball into WHITE on the left-hand side who slotted it into the net.

It was soon to be two Hendon goals in four minutes thanks to something special from substitute JOSEPH who showed superb skill in taking out three defenders with a great turn/dummy and the subsequent finish was sublime as he chipped the ball over goalkeeper Tim Roberts.

The opening came after Joseph had combined with Nathaniel-George down the left-hand side before Muir played him in.

Invicta had to make another change when Taylor was injured and Nar Blanks came on as the visitors reverted to 4-4-2 and McCann switched to the right-hand side.

An 83rd minute Muir shot was blocked by Davies after a ball in from the right in a move started by home substitute Sam Murphy.

Invicta struck an upright again in the 86th minute when Blanks played the ball into Draycott who did well to play Yusuff in and the striker blasted against the crossbar as the ball went out for a corner.

Murphy found fellow substitute Joseph down the right-hand side in the 89th minute and the latter’s dangerous low ball across goal was cleared by Vincent for a corner.

But there was to be a final twist in the fourth minute of stoppage time after an offside against Yusuff when Tingey’s free-kick into the Invicta box was met by substitute Keegan Cole and headed in by MACLAREN.

HENDON: Addai, Eggleton (Murphy 79 mins), Gordon, Tingey, Bray (Cole 89 mins), Lee, Nathaniel-George, Maclaren, Walker (Joseph 63 mins), Muir, White.  Unused subs: Wise, Campbell-Young.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent, O’Mara, Everitt, Davies, Newman, Hasler, Heard (McCann 12 mins), Draycott, Yusuff, Taylor (Blanks 80 mins).  Unused subs: Cooper, Shaw.

Corners:- Hendon 5 Invicta 7