Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0


Bostik Premier Division

Sat 22nd Dec 2018

Kick off - 15:00

Tonbridge Angels
0 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta

Bostik Premier Division

Wed 26th Dec 2018

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Folkestone Invicta
2 vs 0

Bishop Stortford

Bostik Premier Division

Sat 15th Dec 2018

Full time

Haringey Bor
1 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta

Bostik Premier Division

Sat 8th Dec 2018

Full time

Total raised from supporters

  • £32,500
  • £33,000
  • £33,500
  • £34,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR



 SCORE  4-3   Gate 2,004

DATE  06/01/18.  For the Match Preview click HERE

Video of Game click  HERE(when available)

DULWICH HAMLET                                   4

FOLKESTONE INVICTA                            3

Third placed Folkestone Invicta came away narrowly beaten in a seven-goal thriller away to Bostik League Premier Division leaders Dulwich Hamlet in front of a bumper 2,004 crowd at the Champion Hill Stadium as Neil Cugley’s side opened and closed the scoring on Saturday afternoon.

Last season Invicta had also been involved in a seven-goal encounter at Dulwich after opening the scoring, but on that occasions were on the receiving end of a 6-1 defeat in a strange match in which home goalkeeper Preston Edwards was man of the match!

Dulwich are renowned for their attacking prowess and for being pleasing on the eye. This win took them five points clear at the top of the table but they were made to fight all the way as Ade Yusuff (2) and Ian Draycott were on the scoresheet for Invicta.

Top goalscorer Ade Yusuff opened the scoring but Dulwich equalised through Marc Weatherstone and went ahead through the highly-rated Nathan Green during first half stoppage time.

Nyren Clunis made it 3-1 during the second half but Yusuff struck again to reduce the arrears.

A late goal from substitute Nana Boakye-Yiadom restored Dulwich’s two-goal advantage but Draycott was to close the scoring to make it 4-3.

Having been unbeaten in the first five ever meetings between the two clubs – during which they only conceded one goal – Invicta’s record against Dulwich Hamlet since then has been poor. The Folkestone club has now lost seven of their last eight fixtures against the South London club and drawn one – 1-1 at home last season.

Invicta went into the game with Josh Vincent back from suspension in place of Jordan Wright in midfield as part of a 3-5-2 formation and the visitors started well, although the early exchanges gave no indication of the goal feast that was to follow.

Dulwich gained the game’s first corner in the 11th minute when captain Kenny Beaney’s ball in from the right hand side was stabbed wide by Michael Onovwigun at the far post.

Ibrahim Kargbo then intercepted when Invicta captain Callum Davies played the ball up to Sam Hasler tow minutes later but goalkeeper Tim Roberts came out to claim when the ball was played through for striker Reise Allassani.

The diminutive Allassani has been the subject of much Football League interest recently and his dual with Invicta’s on-loan-from-Gillingham teenage defender Finn O’Mara was to be one of the game’s sub-plots. But this was not to be Allassani’s day as he had to go off injured around the hour mark.

It was Invicta that broke the deadlock in the 29th minute from the visitors’ first corner of the game when Scott Heard’s set piece from the left was not cleared and YUSUFF pounced to poke the ball into the net.

But Dulwich equalised in the 39th minute after a foul by O’Mara on Allassani when Beaney’s free kick was touched back at the far post by Rickie Hayles and put in from close range by WEATHERSTONE.

Invicta then responded as a Vincent throw in from the right found Draycott a minute later and Yusuff had two shots blocked by defenders when the ball was played back to him.

A 42nd minute shot from Heard outside the penalty area was held by Dulwich goalkeeper Edwards after Yusuff had taken the ball on and Draycott played it back.

Kieron McCann then volleyed wide from outside the box three minutes later when a Heard cross from the left came back out.

McCann and Sanchez Ming were involved in a bundle on the touchline during first half stoppage time when the latter appeared to raise his fist. Both players were booked.

But the first half drama did not end there as Dulwich soon went ahead when Ming whipped in a great ball from the right hand side that was put in by GREEN close to the line, with Allassani also there to make sure that it had gone in.

Dulwich were now in the ascendancy as Onovwigun played Allassani in down the left hand side but Roberts saved the 55th minute shot across goal and a Beaney corner from the right a minute later was met by a Green header that was blocked by the head of O’Mara.

At the other end, a 59th minute McCann shot from the left was blocked by a defender after a move involving Yusuff and Micheal Everitt.

Boakye-Yiadom replaced Allassani and soon broke in the 62nd minute when Nat Blanks fell and a sliding Heard had to get back and avert the danger.

Dulwich went 3-1 up in the 63rd minute when Ming showed some skill on the right hand side, O’Mara slipped and CLUNIS slotted the ball into the net.

Invicta’s response was a triple substitution as Ryan Cooper, Ronnie Dolan and Joe Taylor replaced Vincent, Everitt and McCann.

Dulwich substitute Ashley Carew hit a 71st minute free kick over the crossbar following a foul by Davies on Green after Kargbo had played the ball up to Boakye-Yiadom.

But Invicta were back in it when YUSUFF capitalised on the left hand side of the penalty area after goalkeeper Edwards had spilt the ball when Blanks played it into the penalty area after receiving it from Dolan.

Carew found Green on the left hand side for Dulwich and the latter’s 77th minute ball in was met by a Clunis header at Roberts.

Invicta were going for broke with a three-pronged attack and after a stray 80th minute pass, Taylor played a one-two with Yusuff and a Draycott shot from outside the penalty area was comfortably saved by Edwards.

The game’s sixth and final substitution saw Nathan Ferguson – who had a brief spell with Invicta at the end of last season – replace Ming for Dulwich.

Ferguson was soon involved a he found Green on the left hand side whose shot flashed across goal and just wide of the far post.

The home side soon increased its lead in the 85th minute when Ferguson headed the ball on and fellow substitute BOAKYE-YIADOM ran at O’Mara before slotting the ball past Roberts and into the net.

But Invicta hit back again to make it 4-3 in the 88th minute following a Cooper throw in on the right hand side when DRAYCOTT unleashed a spectacular strike across goal that Edwards could not keep out.

The visitors then went in search of a dramatic late equaliser as Davies tried to create space and pick his spot but his shot lopped over the crossbar after Hasler had played a stoppage time free kick up to Blanks.

A cross from the right hand side to the far post was then met by a Draycott hooked shot that was deflected off Hayles for a corner as Dulwich were to hold on.

The two sides are managed by long-serving managers who have both stamped their identity on their respective club. Gavin Rose’s first match as Dulwich Hamlet manager was in a 0-0 draw away to Folkestone Inbvicta on the opening day of the 2009-10 season. That match also marked the Dulwich debut of a certain Tim Roberts in goal.

Invicta’s Neil Cugley was to lead his side to promotion that season in what was then his 13th season as Invicta manager. Both he and his side are still going strong.

DULWICH HAMLET: Edwards, Taylor, Green, Onovwigun, Hayles, Weatherstone, Clunis, Kargbo, Allassani (Boakye-Yiadom 59 mins), Beaney (Carew 67 mins), Ming (Ferguson 81 mins).  Unused subs: Chambers, Faal.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent (Cooper 66 mins), Blanks, Everitt (Dolan 66 mins), Davies, O’Mara, Hasler, Heard, Draycott, Yusuff, McCann (Taylor 66 mins).  Unused subs: Wright, Shaw.

Corners: 5-5