Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Dover Ath


Sat 6th Jul 2019

Kick off - 15:00

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0



Tue 9th Jul 2019

Kick off - 19:45

Latest Scores

None available

Total raised from supporters

  • £42,500
  • £43,000
  • £43,500
  • £44,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR
Corners: Invicta 1 Dartford 6  

FOLKESTONE INVICTA                0

DARTFORD                                      2

Folkestone Invicta were beaten 2-0 at home to Dartford in their annual Sid Burvill Trophy pre-season fixture at a sunny but windy Fullicks Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Ben Greenhalgh opened the scoring in the 18th minute and substitute Delano Sam-Yorke made it 2-0 with a 71st minute penalty to give victory to a Dartford side now jointly managed by former Invicta captain Adam Flanagan and Jamie Coyle.

The Sid Burvill Trophy is traditionally played each summer in memory of the Folkestone club’s former gateman who died in 2000. The gates at the Morrisons entrance to the ground bear his initials as a lasting memorial to him.

Kieron McCann (Folkestone Invicta) and tom Bonner (Dartford) were presented with each team’s respective man of the match award by Sid’s grand-daughter Lucy at the end of the game when central defender Bonner received the trophy.

Team news saw Invicta give a first outing to striker Harry Ottaway who has been on manager Neil Cugley’s radar for some time. Ottaway once scored a hat-trick away to Invicta for Merstham and last appeared against the Folkestone club for Enfield town during Easter 2017. He spent last season on dual registration with Beckenham Town and promoted Corinthian-Casuals.

Sam Hasler was back after a pre-season knock against Maidstone United, while Nick Shaw was in goal for a second successive Saturday.

The home side had the ball in the net in the 12th minute when a Hasler free kick from the right was met by an Ottoway touch towards goal that was turned in by the offside Ade Yusuff.

At the other end, striker Kadus Oyenuga sot wide from just outside the box on the left hand side a minute later.

The opening goal soon followed when GREENHALGH curled his shot across goal and into the net after being found by Tom Murphy on the right hand side. The build up had initially seen Lee Noble find Oyenuga on the left hand side of the box whose cross was partially headed away.

Shaw saved to keep out a 25th minute Greenhalgh header after a Mark Onyemah cross from the left and Elliot Bradbrook couldn’t quite force the ball over the line in a move started by Oyenuga and Bradbrook himself.

For Invicta, Nat Blanks played the ball to Hasler in the 31st minute and the latter hit a low deflected shot at goalkeeper Deren Ibrahim after some trickery from Alfie Paxman on the left.

Murphy received the ball from Oyenuga two minutes later and took on defenders Blanks and Callum Davies but Shaw saved the subsequent shot.

Oyenuga got away from Josh Vincent in the 34th minute and his shot deflected over the crossbar for a corner.

Jamie Philpott was put through a minute later and dinked his shot past Shaw but it came back off the post and Blanks was able to clear. Striker Philpott had appeared here for Maidstone in an earlier July friendly.

Dartford were close again in the 37th minute when a Murphy cross was met by a far post Greenhalgh header from close range but Shaw got across to save.

Chez Isaac combined with fellow Dartford substitute Simon Mensah in the 54th minute but the latter was denied by a saving Vincent tackle in the box.

Dartford had 11 substitutes on the day, while Invicta made a quadruple substitution during the second half but were finding chances hard to come by.

Invicta goalkeeper Shaw came out to save firstly when Bradbrook slipped the ball through to substitute Manny Igahore in the 60th minute and again when Billy Roast found Mensah inside the penalty area four minutes later.

Dartford increased their lead when SAM-YORKE ran through down the left hand side of the penalty area and was brought down by Shaw. It was the Dartford substitute who stepped up to hit his spot kick high into the net.

Alex wall received the ball from Mensah and ran on before finding Sam-Yorke in the 76th minute but Shaw saved and Igahore hit the rebound wide from the right hand side of the box.

Substitutes Isaac, Sam-Yorke and Wall were all involved in the 82nd minute when an Alfie Cue shot was deflected and cleared and Shaw came out to save again when the ball was played through to Igahore seconds later.

Shaw kept out a low 88th minute wall shot from outside the box and Callum Driver and Sam-Yorke combined a minute later when Wall drilled a low shot wide of the far post across goal.

Phil Starkey had to avert the danger inside the Invicta penalty area in the 90th minute.

Dartford begin their National League South season away to Bath City on Saturday August 4th.  Invicta have to wait another week before they start their Bostik League Premier Division season at home to Enfield town on Saturday August 11th.

Both of the Kent clubs had lost their respective play offs at the end of last season.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Shaw, Aboagye (Starkey 58 mins), Blanks, Vincent, Davies, Evans (Everitt 58 mins), Hasler (Dolan 58 mins), McCann (Walmsley 85 mins), Ottaway, Yusuff (Draycott 58 mins), Paxman (Ter Horst 45 mins).

DARTFORD: Ibrahim, Driver, Onyemah, Noble, Vint, Bonner, Murphy, Bradbrook, Oneyuga, Philpott, Greenhalgh.  Subs: Sam-Yorke, Roast, Isaac, Cue, Mensah, Wall, Saad, Fisher, Fulton, Igahore, Gillies.