Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Dover Ath


Sat 6th Jul 2019

Kick off - 15:00

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0



Tue 9th Jul 2019

Kick off - 19:45

Latest Scores

None available

Total raised from supporters

  • £42,500
  • £43,000
  • £43,500
  • £44,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR
Corners: Cray Valley 4 Invicta 2  

CRAY VALLEY PM             0

FOLKESTONE INVICTA                2

Folkestone Invicta enjoyed their first win of the summer in their first away pre-season fixture as a first half penalty from Ade Yusuff and a second half goal from Jack Evans gave Neil Cugley’s side victory at Cray Valley (PM).

This was a god work out at the Badgers Sports Ground against a home side managed by former Invicta defender Kevin Watson who still maintains close links with the Folkestone club.

Yusuff – who had played for ‘Trigger’ Watson at Chatham Town – opened the scoring with a well-taken 27th minute penalty.

 Midfielder Evans – signed from Margate during the summer –then made it 2-0 in the 85th minute.

Ethan Madden, Matt Newman and Phil Starkey each made their first start of the summer on a sunny evening in south London.

SCEFL side ray Valley made a positive start as Harry Cullum crossed from the right hand side within 30 seconds and former Charlton Athletic striker Kevin Lisbie headed at Invicta goalkeeper Tim Roberts.

Denzel Gayle then cut in from the right hand side and shot over the crossbar in the fifth minute.

For Invicta, Yusuff combined with striking partner Ian Draycott down the left hand side in the 11th minute but Tommy Osborne headed the chip to the far post away before Alfie Paxman could reach it.

Joe N’Guessan then broke down the right hand side to create an opening for the home side in the 15th minute and drilled a low shot wide of the far post across goal. N’Guessan had played for Invicta in pre-season last summer.

Invicta were close in the24th minute as a Draycott shot struck the post after a Starkey ball in from the right.

The visitors went close again seconds later when Jerald Aboagye got forward to put the ball just wide of the far post after Madden played the ball up to Paxman down the left who sent it across goal.

YUSUFF then broke the deadlock when referee Joe Burgess pointed to the spot after a challenge on the Invicta striker himself.

At the other end, Francis Babalola did well in the 34th minute and shot narrowly over the crossbar from the edge of the box.

Evans hit a delicate chip just over the bar from the edge of the penalty area for Invicta in the 41st minute after being picked out by Paxman and a Kieron McCann corner from the left was nearly touched in by Draycott three minutes later.

Cray Valley went in search of an equaliser during the second half as Jamaica international Lisbie dragged a low 50th minute shot wide of the far post across goal.

The home side had another chance to draw level in the 56th minute when Cullum played the ball up the right hand side to Babalola but goalkeeper Roberts saved the subsequent shot.

Babalola then did well down the right hand side two minutes later and found Lisbie but the striker was crowded out inside the penalty area.

Yusuff played a 63rd minute ball in from the right hand side to Draycott who was impeded by centre half Cem Tumkaya.

But Cray Valley threatened again in the 68th minute when Gayle used his pace to race away from Aboagye and Lisbie dragged another shot wide from the right hand side.

Invicta left back Madden then made a saving tackle to deny Gayle after a ball into the visitors’ penalty area two minutes later

Striker Yusuff skipped past two challenges after receiving the ball from Starkey on the right hand side two minutes later but Tumkaya blocked the subsequent shot.

The home side had two further openings in the 76th minute as firstly Gayle ran through but clattered into Invicta captain Callum Davies and a stretching Lisbie then couldn’t quite find the target when the ball came in from the right.

McCann slipped the ball through to Johan Ter Horst a minute later when the Invicta substitute lifted his shot just wide from the right hand side.

Babalola then shot high and wide when an 83rd minute free kick fell to him on the left hand side.

But Invicta increased their lead two minutes later when EVANS swept a Ter Horst ball down the right hand side into the net.

Draycott then attempted a lob from 35 yards out in the 87th minute but was this time well off target.

Home goalkeeper Andy Walker came out a minute later when Draycott hit the bal past him down the right hand side of the penalty area but a defender cleared from close to the line.

CRAY VALLEY PM: Walker, Cullum (Rose), Osborne, James, Tumkaya, White, Babalola, Trialist, Gayle, Lisbie (Bailey), N’Guessan (Flack).  

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Aboagye, Madden, Newman, Davies, Evans, Paxman (Ter Horst 68 mins), Starkey, Draycott, Yusuff (Walmsley 72 mins), McCann.  Unused sub: Vincent