Upcoming Fixtures

Wingate & F
0 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta


Wed 23rd Sep 2020

Kick off - 19:45

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 26th Sep 2020

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Folkestone Invicta
1 vs 2


Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 19th Sep 2020

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Dover Ath


Sat 12th Sep 2020

Full time

Total raised from supporters

  • £56,500
  • £57,000
  • £57,500
  • £58,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR


 SCORE 2-2      GATE  081

 Invicta win 5-4 on sudden death penalties

DATE  03/03/20. 

Video of Game click  HERE      

Folkestone Invicta crept through their Alan Turvey Trophy, sponsored by Velocity, Knockout Stage Two tie against Basildon United after a sudden death penalty shoot out win on Tuesday night following a 2-2 draw after 90 minutes.

 It was Matt Newman who eventually hit the decisive penalty on what was his 250th starting appearance in two spells with the Folkestone club.

 Invicta now play at home to Brightlingsea Regent in the quarter finals on Tuesday March 10th.

 Following two postponements and with Basildon now unable to use their Cousins Car Wash Valeting Centre Stadium, the tie was switched to Aveley’s new 3G pitch at Parkside.

 The first half had been a tale of two Paxmans as Alfie gave Invicta an early lead before Joseph soon equalised for the ‘home’ side.

 Invicta were on the brink of an ignominious exit when a defensive calamity between captain Callum Davies and goalkeeper Tim Roberts allowed Basildon substitute Albert Perry to put the home side ahead in the 78th minute.

 But an 88th minute equaliser from Johan Ter Horst was to save the day for the Folkestone side and set up the penalty shoot out.

 Substitute Ashley Dibworth fired Basildon ahead with the opening penalty despite Roberts getting plenty on it, with Ira Jackson emphatically making it 1-1, though home goalkeeper Joshua Blackman was often to go the right way during the shoot out.

 Conor Tyrell made it 2-1 before Ter Horst smashed his penalty into the roof of the net to level things up again.

 The first miss came when Roberts then saved from Joseph Turpin and Paxman put Invicta 3-2 up.

 Jamie Anderson’s successful kick kept Basildon in it and parity was restored when teenager Tyler Sterling blasted high and over and out of the ground.

 Substitute and goalscorer Perry put Basildon 4-3 up which meant that Invicta substitute Jerson Dos Santos had to score which he duly did.

 Sudden death saw Basildon substitute Brandon Booty fire over the bar, but Kieron McCann did likewise with the chance to win it for Invicta.

 Ellis Ashworth then also put his penalty over the crossbar to set Newman up to secure a 5-4 shoot out win.

 Invicta had made hard work of it but remain on course for a potential return to Aveley where the final will be held on Wednesday April 1st if they can now overcome Brightlingsea Regent and Bracknell Town at home.

 In the opening skirmishes, Basildon captain Adam Vyse had hit a second minute free kick well over after an early foul and Scott Heard let fly from just outside the box but over the bar when Ter Horst touched the ball back five minutes later.

 Invicta opened the scoring in the eighth minute when left back PAXMAN let fly from outside the penalty area and his shot flew across goal and into the far corner of the net.

 The Folkestone side went forward again in the 14th minute when central defneder Davies played a good ball out of defence to Sterling on the left hand side whose ball across goal took a touch off Ter Horst and was nearly put into his own net by Samuel Ogole but went out for the game’s first corner.

 But with Invicta seeemingly in control, Basildon equalised in the 17th minute after Heard had given the ball away. Adam Allen found Vyse on the left hand side and the latter’s ball across goal was diverted by Roberts and converted by PAXMAN from the middle of the penalty area.

 Finn O’Mara then played the ball out to Invicta’s Paxman on the left two minutes later when the goalscorer got another shot in across goal but this time it took a deflection and went out for a goal kick.

 A 23rd minute ball forward from Paxman released Jackson whose shot forced a save from Blackman at the expense of a corner.

 McCann then hit a swerving shot from outside the penalty area at Blackamn a minute later.

 A 40th minute Paxman cross from the left was put wide at the far post by McCann after a Jackson run across the edge of the penalty area following a move on the right hnad side that also involved Ter Horst and Josh Vincent.

 At the other end, Paxman tried his luck from 40 yards in the 43rd minute but his chip did not catch Roberts out.

 A Vincent touch a minute later found Jackson whose shot warmed Blackman’s hands.

 Invicta’s failure to convert their second half chances was to exasperate manager Neil Cugley on the sidelines.

 McCann headed a 51st minute Vincent cross against the crossbar when Sterling played the ball out to the right flank.

 It was McCann who then received the ball ffrom Paxman and got a low 60th minute shot in from distance but Blackman made a conmfortable save.

 A 63rd minute Jackson free kick from the right was met by an O’Mara header and put wide by Ter Horst.

 Jackson blocked Anderson’s attempted clearance a minute later and found Sterling who side-footed his shot at Blackamn from the edge of the box.

 The stalemate continued as Heard fired high and wide when Davies played the ball up to Sterling in the 66th minute and Sterling created space down the left hand side of the penalty area when receiving a ball from Heard two minutes later but shot into the side netting.

 Ter Horst played the ball back to Jackson in the 69th minute but Ben O’Brien blocked the subsequent shot.

 A dangerous 72nd minute ball across goal from Vincent on the right hand side then just evaded a stretching O’Mara in the middle.

 But Basildon went ahead when Davies and Roberts waited for each other to deal with a hopeful ball forward and PERRY capitalised to go round the goalkeeper and put the ball into the net.

 The late equaliser came ten minutes later when Dos Santos touched a Davies ball on to Jackson and the subsequent ball across goal was put in by TER HORST in the middle.

 There was almost a repeat in the 90th minute when Dos Santos found Jackson on the right again and Ter Horst was close to converting in the middle.

 Basildon’s Egole was the game’s only booking.

 Invicta were to win all three of the game’s corners.

 This was Invicta’s first visit to the new Aveley stadium – they had played the last competitive match on the Essex club’s old ground when staying up on the final day of the 2016-17 season with a 3-0 win away to ground-sharers Grays Athletic.

 BASILDON UNITED: Blackman, Ashworth, Egole, O’Brien, Anderson, Turpin, Howard, Tyrell, Vyse (Dibworth 84 mins), Paxman (Booty 73 mins), Allen (Perry 60 mins).  Unused subs: Harley, Stratford.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, Vincent, Paxman, Newman, Davies, O’Mara (Dos Santos 77 mins), Heard (Everitt 67 mins), Sterling, Jackson, Ter Horst, McCann.  Unused subs: Jones, Newcombe.

 Corners: Basildon 0 Invicta 3