Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0



Sat 18th Jul 2020

Kick off - 15:00

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0



Tue 21st Jul 2020

Kick off - 19:45

Latest Scores

None available

Total raised from supporters

  • £48,500
  • £49,000
  • £49,500
  • £50,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR



 SCORE   2 - 7    Gate 220

DATE  03/08/19.  For the Match Preview click HERE

Video of Game click  HERE(when available)

Folkestone Invicta continued their remarkable goalscoring run at Homelands as they won Saturday’s George Sargeant Memorial Shield match 7-2 away to Ashford United when Neil Cugley’s side raced into a 5-0 half time lead.

 Invicta had scored four goals in the three previous summers that this match has been contested in honour of Ashford stalwart George Sargeant who served the town’s football club from 1952 in various guises including player, manager and physio until his death in 2015, aged 95. He was physio at Ashford under long-serving Invicta manager Cugley when current Ashford manager Tommy Warrilow was a player at the club.

 The Folkestone club had also won 4-5in last season’s Isthmian League Cup here.

 Johan Ter Horst (two, one penalty), Kieron McCann, Sam Hasler, Scott Heard, Ira Jackson and Jerson Dos Santos were the Invicta scorers on this occasion as the Folkestone club competed their pre-season programme ahead of next weekend’s big kick off at home to Worthing.

 Saturday’s goals came as follows:

·        McCANN opened the scoring in the 20th minute as he busts a gut to get into the box and sweep the ball into the net and complete a counter attack after Ter Horst and found Dos Santos on the right hand side and the latter played the ball across goal.

·        HASLER made it 2-0 in the 24th minute with a superb free kick that flew in from 35 yards.

·        It was 3-0 when TER HORST converted a 27th minute penalty after he himself had been brought down by Ashford goalkeeper and captain Sam Mott after Hasler had played him through.

·        HEARD increases the lead fu8rther as the ball falls to him in the box and deflects in off the hand of central defender Josh Wissen and into the net after it had initially broken for Ter Horst inside the penalty area.

·        TER HORST strikes again to make it 5-0 in the 45th minute when he gets in behind Theo Osinfolarin and slots the ball into the net after Invicta captain Callum Davies plays the ball forward to Heard who hits a good through ball over the home defence.

·        After Ashford had pulled two goals back early in the second half, visiting substitute and Ashford-resident JACKSON makes it 6-2 in the 68th minute as he gets to the right hand side of the penalty area to follow up and score after Mott had come out to save from substitute Umoh Ufot in a move started by Jackson and Dos Santos.

·        DOS SANTOS completes the scoring in the 86th minute when he smashes the ball in at the near post when Heard played the ball through to him on the right hand side of the penalty area.

 Ashford had actually made the early in-roads as Jake McIntyre’s second minute ball in from the left was cleared by Invicta central defender Davies inside the penalty area.

 Osinfolarin then received the ball from Hassan Ibrahiym and took on Invicta left back Alfie Paxman two minutes later and his ball into the penalty area was put out for the game’s first corner by Davies.

 Tom O’Connor then found Brandon McCarthy on the left hand side in the seventh minute and the latter tried to pick the former out inside the penalty area but Invicta central defender Matt Newman intercepted.

 At the other end, McCann cut in from the left hand side and shot wide across goal in the 18th minute.

 McCann was then to open the scoring two minutes later following a counter attack after an Ashford corner.

 Ashford responded as O’Connor hit a low shot from the edge of the box narrowly wide of the post a minute after the opening goal.

 Heard found Paxman on the left in the 22nd minute who played a good ball into the box that fell to Heard again on the right whose ball into the box was met by Dos Santos but Mott made a very good save.

 An exciting Ter Horst run down the right hand side then culminated with the striker shooting into the side netting.

 Hasler’s stunning free kick soon followed after a foul on Heard. Hasler had been on loan at Ashford towards the end of last season before sustaining an ankle injury that ended his 2018-19.

 With Ter Horst’s penalty and Heard’s strike it was soon four goals in a ten minute spell for Invicta.

 Between the third and fourth goals a ball forward broke for Ter Horst who got a shot in but was wide of the target.

 Ibrahiym made room for himself to shoot for Ashford in the 36th minute but Newman blocked.

 Heard let fly from just outside the penalty area in the 44th minute when Mott pushed the ball past the post for a corner.

 But there was still time for Ter Horst to add to Invicta’s tally before half time before having to go off at the interval with a dead leg, to give Ufot another run out as Jackson alsocame on for Micheal Everitt.

 Ashford had staged a second half come back to win the inaugural George Sargeant Memorial Shield match in 2016 and rallied again here after the interval.

 The home side pulled goal back in the 49th minute when Ibrahiym found O’Connor on the left whose ball into the box was headed in by McINTYRE as Invicta appealed for offside.

 Danny Walder then hit a 52nd minute free kick wide after a foul by Finn O’Mara.

 A 56th minute Hasler free kick was met by an O’Mara header and a Jackson shot was cleared off the line for a corner when Ufot laid the ball back.

 Ufot had the ball in the net in the 61st minute but the ‘goal’ was ruled out for offside after Mott had saved but not held when Jackson got a shot in after a good run across the penalty area after O’Mara had played the ball up to Dos Santos.

 Ashford reduced the arrears further in the 63rd minute when a Mott clearance was nodded on and McCARTHY got clear of the Invicta defence to slot the ball into the net.

 But Jackson was to increase Invicta’s lead five minutes later.

Dos Sanots was then guilty of a glaring miss at the far post in the 71st minute when the ball broke to Ufot down the left hand side who played the ball across goal.

 Ibrahiym slipped the ball through to Levi Gold at the other end four minutes later but the substitute did not get the ball under control and may have been given offside in any case.

 Invicta’s final substitute Kieron Jones dispossessed Ibrahiym in the 84th minute and played the ball through to Jackson who ran on but was thwarted before he could find Ufot.

 Jones then had an 85th minute shot charged down when Jackson played the ball back to him.

 But Dos Santos was to complete the scoring and restore Invicta’s five-goal advantage a minute later.

 A final chance saw Ufot fire over during stoppage time when a Heard free kick was headed into his path by a home defender.

 ASHFORD UNITED: Mott, Osinfolarin, McIntyre, Walder (Henry 54 mins), Wisson, Kamara, Ibrahiym, Prescott, Smith (Gold 71 mins), McCarthy, O’Connor (Lake 60 mins).

 FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Roberts, O’Mara, Paxman, Newman, Davies, Hasler (Jones 81 mins), Heard, Everitt (Jackson 45 mins), Ter Horst (Ufot 45 mins), Dos Santos, McCann.

Corners: Ashford 6 Invicta 3